Design an eCommerce application for a subsidiary brand of McKesson Inc. Building the User Interface from the ground up by creating an Information Architecture (IA) document that defined the site structure, and workflow processes like checkout and login...
Topics:eCommerce Design | Usability Research | Logo Design | Information Architecture
My approach to this project
- Define the Information Architecture (IA)
- Design Logo
- Design wireframes of the pages and workflows based on IA
- Review the wireframes and workflows with the business unit, and the development team
- Design an interactive prototype from wireframes and workflows
- Design pages with content provided by the business and data sourced from our DB
- Deliver to the development team fully designed pages in an interactive prototype
Define the Information Architecture
This shows the IA deliverable to the business and development teams. This is a critical part where the overall navigation and wayfinding structure of the eCommerce application is defined. As a result of this process our team could ensure we flattened the architecture as much as possible as well as clearly defining how the user will navigate the UI. Also shows the very important process of defining the workflows and understanding exactly how the user will interact with the software.
Design wireframes of the pages and workflows based on IA
At this phase I designed wireframes, workflow designs, and an interactive prototype. This provided the assets I needed to review with the business and my development team.
Deliver to the development team fully designed pages in an interactive prototype